Sunday, September 15, 2002

Washington Post - Liberty Wins - For Now - There is a good demonstration of how the balance of powers is working in the United States right now. European states are losing civil liberties since 9/11 while some of the excesses of the Bush/Ashcroft/Rumsfeld gang are being overturned by the courts. This is not proceeding very fast and they may not overturn them all but this is how a good system should work. I am a balance-of-power-ocrat, as I had briefly mentioned in one of my earlier posts. Justice is not swift and it is not sure but it is a good balance to undemocratic executives.

WarbloggerWatch looks like it could be a useful site to keep an eye on. Except I wonder if they would think I am a switch hitter. I actually think that comply or else weapons inspectors with US forces backing them up is the best way out of this mess. Carnegie Endowment for International Peace Iraq Plan - pdf.

No comments: