Friday, August 31, 2007

Ray McGovern: Do We Have The Courage To Stop War With Iran?


In a replay of the moves that set the Iraq occupation in motion, Bush started his campaign to attack Iran.
There is very little time to exercise our rights as citizens and stop this madness. At a similarly critical juncture, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. was typically direct. I find his words a challenge to us today:
"There is such a thing as being too late.... Life often leaves us standing bare, naked, and dejected with lost opportunity.... Over the bleached bones of numerous civilizations are written the pathetic words: 'Too late.'"
This is the surge they know how to do - the PR surge. Kevin believes that General Petraeus has spent more time on the Iraq PR surge than running the troop surge.

Related - I notice I misplaced a post over a week ago. Here is TIME magazine commenting on Bush-Cheney's push for war with Iran.

Away from blogging till Monday or later. The games are on.

I will play more of my new Twilight Struggle, the Cold War 1945-1989, and try to avoid a nuclear war. I will also play another game of opposing evil empires, compete for the Texas Puerto Rico board game championship, (here is an online version), and may organize a Lying Pirates Liars Dice game championship and give more of my hand-made pirate refrigerator magnets away.

No comments: