Tuesday, October 22, 2002

t r u t h o u t - Interview | William Rivers Pitt -- The New Book; "War on Iraq -- What Team Bush Doesn't Want You to Know

"I was appalled at the priorities of the administration. I thought they were leading us down a path to economic ruin, to international isolation. Virtually everything that Bush stood for I was against, and quite afraid of on a lot of levels. After September 11, the volume on my fears got turned up a great deal, particularly after the signing of the Patriot Act, and particularly with the rush to war with Iraq, in the aftermath of the meltdown of the stock market and Enron and Halliburton and Harken and everything else. I think that we are dealing with individuals...I don't even think you can rightfully call them republicans anymore. They are corporatists; they are something new on the planet and they are mortally dangerous to this country. I am not a radical leftist lunatic by any stretch of the imagination. I was a fairly moderate democrat before this party got itself into power and I have been radicalized by this situation. Right now, we are in a place of great and fundamental danger to everything about this country that matters to us."

War on Iraq: What Team Bush Doesn't Want You To Know - Buy at Amazon Now

No comments: