Friday, April 28, 2006

Pasadena Environmental Fair Saturday


I became aware of this and became involved because Janette Sexton wanted to go there.

As a political candidate most active on environmental issues an environmental fair is her kind of crowd. She decided she needed a booth to sit down because of her increasing walking and standing problems. The City of Pasadena organizing this refused to give her one. No politics, no politicians allowed. Much like the Pasadena City Council they don't want that political speech getting in the way of all that mildly free speech and advertisements. I suggested the ACLU be contacted and reportedly lawyers from both sides got into a yelling match over the phone. Pasadena officials under the current administration has a serious problem understanding civics, government and the Constitution.

I will be there early tomorrow to see what happens, sounds like fun. I don't know what kind of restrictions they were trying to put on "politicking" and when I see all the other politicians there I'll ask them.



No comments: