Monday, September 01, 2008

Gov. Palin moves to the soap operas


While doubts still swirl about Mrs. Palin's last child's paternity, the governor announces that her unmarried 17-year-old daughter is pregnant. Does this relate to her position against anything but abstinence based education? This doesn't lay to rest rumors her daughter was pregnant last year with the child Gov. Palin claims as her own. Have we gone from Northern Exposure to Desperate Housewives in the last three days?

The Obama reaction:
Barack Obama said: "Back off these kinds of stories."

"I have said before, and I will repeat again: People's families are off-limits," Obama said. "And people's children are especially off-limits. This shouldn't be part of our politics. It has no relevance to Gov. Palin's performance as a governor or her potential performance as a vice president. So I would strongly urge people to back off these kinds of stories. You know my mother had me when she was 18, and how a family deals with issues and teenage children, that shouldn’t be a topic of our politics."

On charges that his campaign has stoked the story via liberal blogs:

"I am offended by that statement. There is no evidence at all that any of this involved us," he said. "Our people were not involved in any way in this, and they will not be. And if I thought there was somebody in my campaign who was involved in something like that, they would be fired."

No comments: