Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Bay Area New Democrats meeting Wednesday


Speaker will be John James, a former Republican.
"I will speak on the need for healthcare quality reform to improve patient safety. I will describe the poor quality of care my son received in his college town after he collapsed while running. I'll mention a few of the many medical errors his cardiologists made and show that medical errors are the third leading cause of death in America behind heart disease and cancer. The healthcare systems of other developed countries perform much better than ours in terms of cost per capita and quality of treatment. I will finally advocate a patient bill of rights that would begin to heal our dangerous healthcare system. Since it is only the Democrats who recognize the deep-seated problems with our healthcare industry, I have converted from my lost days as a Republican."
BAND website - nice new photo of part of the SD-11 convention.

No comments: