Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Texas Tuesdays - Janette Poop for State Rep.


"I am running for State Representative, District 99, because I believe we, as average people need average people to represent us. What we don't need is someone who has no idea of the day to day struggles we face. The loss of jobs, high costs of health care, good educations for our children, how we are going to take care of our elderly parents and the high cost of medications. I know about all those concerns because I too face them on a daily basis. I don't want the rich to get richer and the poor to get poorer. I want fair treatment for all Texans."

Here is her story. Here is her interview. Here is where to contribute to her campaign - add 0.36 for Texas Tuesdays.

"I decided to run for office because I could no longer sit idly by and watch as our state deteriorated into an empire, not governed but ruled. I knew from my own life experience that without a fair start a child probably wouldn't have a chance at success. I knew from the murder of my daughter, and the conviction and imprisonment of two innocent men for twelve years that our judicial system needed a serious overhaul. This case included police misconduct, coerced confession, and cost the states taxpayer's $14,000,000.00 in settlements to these men."

More on how the police forced false confessions out of the wrong men and how the police and Gov. Bush sat on the real killer's confession for years.

No comments: