Monday, November 26, 2007

Liberal Bloggers Gaining Political Power in Texas


Well, the Dallas Morning News thinks so but tell it to the crusty old Democratic Party leaders. I have not even been able to communicate with suburban local party leaders to that new-fangled invention called email. Don't get them started discussing that internet tuby thingy.

A lot of names from the Texas Progressive Alliance of bloggers get mentioned in the article. You might call this an early lead up to the Netroots Nation national convention in Austin next year.

A number of blogs are referenced at the end of the article on the Democratic side. The Republicans only have two group sites which receive financial support from deep-pocket conservatives. Recent frat-boy (or does he only sound that immature?) Matt Bramanti is mentioned.

Have I mentioned before that one of the big conservative Houston bloggers got her start writing constant letters to the editor at the Dallas Morning News protesting their liberal bias! The Dallas Morning News has a history as one of the most staunchly corporate Republican papers in the country. I wonder if she would protest the short mention the conservative bloggers get in this story about liberal bloggers?

If I can swing the ticket plus the other costs I'll go to Networks Nation plus the Texas Democratic Party Convention this year.

Off the subject, a little late but I want to congratulate the Houston Press contestants and winners of Turkey of the Year.

3 comments:

Charles Kuffner said...

Have I mentioned before that one of the big conservative Houston bloggers got her start writing constant letters to the editor at the Dallas Morning News protesting their liberal bias!

If you have, I've missed it. To whom are you referring?

Gary said...

Right Wing Sparkle, Texas Sparkle on Chron pages, gave up reading newspapers after constantly writing letters to the editor because of the "liberal" Dallas Morning News.

http://elemming2.blogspot.com/2006/07/be-careful-what-you-say-on-blogs.html

Her words: "I have a confession to make. I didn't read the Houston Chronicle before I started blogging for them. I haven't read newspapers in a few years since I began reading news online. I still read Time magazine and U.S. News and World Report though, because there is so much more information in the paper versions than on the online versions.

"Before the widespread use of the internet I lived in Dallas and wrote letters to the editor of The Dallas Morning News constantly. Why? Because the news was so biased. It was ridiculous. This was in the 80's and there was no conservative media at all. I didn't even hear of Rush Limbaugh until 1990. Why was and is Rush so popular? The left hates Rush, but it was the liberal media that created him. Rush found a void and he filled it. People like myself were tearing our hair out reading the newspapers and hearing the news. Our side of the issues were never reported on fairly. Never. Listening to Rush for conservatives was like a cool drink of water in a desert. Conservatives finally found an outlet for our ideas and our side of the issues. Talk radio became our media."

Matt Bramanti said...

Recent frat-boy (or does he only sound that immature?) Matt Bramanti is mentioned.

I'll put in a good word for you, and maybe ELLN will get some love on the next go-round, 'kay?