Sunday, April 08, 2007

Looking Back


Two years ago I noted The Unitarian Jihad after being ticked off at the lies, the unhistory, creepy D. Jaymes Kennedy was preaching about Thomas Jefferson. What did Jesus say about false preachers leading people astray? "‘But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you lock people out of the kingdom of heaven. You do not enter yourselves, nor do you allow entrance to those trying to enter." Of course, I wouldn't necessarily go with this translation, or any.

Still today Christian Right lawyers are leading an organized attack on the Constitution as the GOP still leads a 30-year attack on Civil Rights.

Four Years Ago on this blog: MSNBC's new hire Mike Savage slanders a women with support from the network getting banned from my TV watch list. Things can change, MSNBC now provides a variety of relatively sane voices and includes the most left network news show Countdown with Keith Olbermann. Or as we like to say, most reality based. I was also involved in getting an Inner Loop Science Fiction and Fantasy Media Exchange Group started (from my other blog.)

Three years ago - I acquire a kitten - Nothing but trouble. Today she still refuses to be a lap cat. April 2004 was when I noted the Fallujeh campaign uniting Sunni and Shiites against the American occupying Army - updated link. That was a clear and obvious turning point in the war but the conservatives hailed the battle destroying the large city to save it after a siege of months as a great victory later in the year. The Marines don't really consider either battle a victory.

One year ago I was looking for moderate and liberal churches here in Texas suburbia. The White House after denying eight times that Bush authorized leaks, fessed up. There were, of course, no penalties for lying, unless this was part of the background for November's election results.

What am I thinking about blogging about today - Houston Red. This has not been the only time FEAR was promoted by the media and politicians in Houston. I think I have hard to get information about the other time and will make that a post or two.

Later this year will be my blog five year anniversary. My typos and misspellings and grammar faults haven't stopped me yet.

No comments: