Wednesday, September 25, 2002

WashPost - Louder War Talk, and Muffled Dissent (washingtonpost.com)
Democratic leadership faces rising opposition to the war from rank-and-file.

I saw Gore and Bush and McCain on television in the last several days.
While I admired and applauded Gore's stand and was very impressed with how he won over a crowd that seemed initially hesitant, he still seemed like a college professor. A great college professor but still a professor.

McCain surprised me with a principled support of Pax Americana - the soft idealistic side of America supporting democracy around the world.. I think the majority of the American people would most like him to be president. McCain also showed opposition to Bush's tax plan and the economic direction of our country. I had noticed that McCain was listed on the Project for the new American Century site but hadn't realized there was an idealistic perspective to creating an American Empire.

Bush is an idiot.

No comments: