Thursday, June 24, 2004

Quick Takes


GOP trying to stop documentary films and advertising for them as political campaigning.

Why am I a Democrat?
As a 2004 high school graduate I am a Democrat because I see the cost of college tuition skyrocketing now more than ever under Republican leadership. I am a Democrat because I was raised on a small farm by my grandparents who could barely make it on social security and what little they do have goes to medicine and doctor bills.I am a Democrat because I don't believe Texas students in high school are getting the best education available to them. I am a Democrat because I care.

-Bobby Whittington

I am a Democrat simply because I believe that Democrats are taking on the important causes of equality, fiscal and social responsibility, the environment, and education. Democrats are fighting for the issues that face ALL Americans.

And Republicans? Well, they're just fighting.

-Allen Osburn
Petty Perry may call for special session in middle of Democratic Convention

Why prolong this insidious war? Gouge the economy? Rape the environment? Only one retort left - Because Dubya Said So!


Michael Isikoff and Newsweek Magazine Deceive the Public About Fahrenheit 9/11
el - Newsweek happens to have some good writers and editors who appear split down the middle about Bush. The magazine ends up with half the stories being strongly pro-Bush and half about as strongly anti-Bush. In most cases the magazine seemed to alternate weeks. Last year I liked it because domestically liberals had to take what we could get and half good stories was more than you could get elsewhere in a general news publication.
Continue Web Roundup here and here and here.

No comments: