Saturday, January 08, 2005

My Stand

Not One Damn Dime Day
Not One Red Cent


Because of the illegal and immoral Iraq War which has cost thousands of lives and tens of billions of American taxpayer dollars,

Because of the illegal suppression of the right to vote of many Americans on November 2nd, 2004,

Because of the politicians who show they value corporations over American citizens,

Because of the environmental, fiscal, and civil liberty damages of this administration and the danger to the American system of Constitutional government and the rule of science, reason and law,

I am hereby giving notice I will not spend any money or make any monetary transactions on January 20, 2005.

If you are the employee or owner of any institution make the appropriate plans.

If you are part of an institution that I feel is not in any way responsible for this situation know that I am only delaying purchases.

If you are part of an organization that I know is part of the problem know that a contribution to what I feel is a responsible charitable, educational or political group will be made with the money I save and that I plan on reducing future purchases.

If you have received this message, please join in and pass this on.


Update - see Black Thursday.

No comments: