Thursday, February 19, 2009

Pat Van Houte For Pasadena City Council



I have some Pasadena campaign literature:





PAT VAN HOUTE

for

CITY COUNCIL DISTRICT D



Hello Neighbors,

2009 is an election year for the City of Pasadena. We will be voting for
mayor and city council. Our District D councilmember, Jack Douglass,
is term limited and cannot run. With the city working on a long-term
plan for the economic redevelopment of north Pasadena, District D
needs a committed, ethical councilmember who will fight for the
well-being of the residents of our district.

I want to be your representative. I have been attending city
council meetings for over 5 years and am familiar with the issues
facing the council and with the people who can resolve citizens’
problems. I have read and spoken to the council about each annual
budget and Capital Improvement Plan and have reported numerous
problems throughout the district to the appropriate departments.

Some of my priorities are:

  • Fix the roads and sidewalks within our neighborhoods

  • Clean up vacant houses and lots

  • Reduce the city’s long-term debt

  • Control costs by handling more engineering in-house

  • Redevelop North Pasadena carefully, being mindful of those already living here

  • Listen to and represent you


Education

MA Behavioral Sciences, University of Houston/Clear Lake

BS Psychology, Michigan State University


Employment Highlights

Texas Workforce Commission, 19 years, unemployment claims investigator

Children’s Protective Services,
3 years, emergency
caseworker, abuse and neglect cases

Harris County, 5 years, election judge


Volunteer Experience

American Red Cross, Disaster Action Team captain

Habitat for Humanity Pasadena, board member and construction crew

Crisis Hotline, telephone crisis counselor

Senate District 6 Democrats, resolutions committee

Early Voting

April 27 to May 5, call for times

City Hall, 1211 E. Southmore


Election Day

Saturday May 9 7am - 7pm

Red Bluff Elementary School, 416 Bearle


Please call me if you have any questions, if you need to register to vote, or if you want a mail-in ballot or a ride to the polls.

(713) 475-1506

Favor de llamarme para una traducción, si tiene preguntas, si necesita registrarse para votar, o si quiere transporte a votar o una aplicación para votar por correo.



PLEASE VOTE



Political ad paid for by the Pat Van Houte Campaign Fund.



I am pretty sure I am not being paid to post this on my blog as I wouldn't know what to charge... I can't even get all the lines to stay the right size and I didn't get permission. I have been assisting the campaign in other ways as Pat is my ex-wife and constant friend.

1 comment:

Richard Tew said...

Hi,

My name is Richard Tew. I am the publisher of a newly-released Christian online newspaper entitled: "The Greater Houston Exhorter," (www.thegreaterhoustonexhorter.com). I was in attendance last night for the informal council candidate forum.

I am contacting candidates for interview oppurtunities for my publication. My readership, many of which reside in various parts of Pasadena, would like to hear you in your own words tell them your goals, beliefs and aspirations as a potential councilman.

The interview will be informal with a couple of questions being asked and allowing you to say what the traditional three-minute time limit at more conventional interviews/forums prohibit you from saying. It will be recorded for audio and will be presenting on the site as an edited audio interview. There will also be professional photo oppurtunities that we will use for the site and that you can have access to for your own PR needs.

If you are interested, please let me know the day and time most convienient for you.

Regards,
Richard Tew/Publisher
The Greater Houston Exhorter