Saturday, August 17, 2002

"I have friends who are more libertarian. I am moderate in that I think
government is necessary and even good as long as checks and balances
evolve. Lebanon and Somalia are examples are what happens when you
have no government, you get rule by gangs instead.

I am further to the left economically, more than years ago, as I have
experience with corporations and am familiar with history.
Corporations serve their owners interests and unchecked can result in
loss of liberty.

Maybe I am more a "check and balance" guy who isn't described properly
by anything I've seen

I did notice that Political Compass was a British site. I score 80% personal
self-government and 40% economic self-government" here
- My reply to a comment on political links on this blog.


"Hayek would have us all so concerned about the government
making us serfs that we would willingly enserf ourselves to private capital
just to avoid it.

I'd rather eliminate serfdom. Of course some people would not want that to
be possible ..." - B. Ross Ashley in the sff.people.elizabeth-moon newsgroup


I agree with the above and think Hayek ignores the loss of liberty caused by corporations.

No comments: