Wednesday, February 19, 2003

More on Tar-Baby

FT.com -- Iranian-backed forces cross into Iraq


e-mails, TruthOut and Pure as...

I occasionally link to TruthOut. You should be aware that on any emails they receive all addresses are placed on their e-mail newsletter list. You can get yourself off the list only by following the below instructions exactly:

Send the ENTIRE newsletter back to them -- Do Not Delete Anything --
put the word "REMOVE" in the subject line. And they will do it for you.
Any variation and you are still on the list.

It works, but it is strictly not a recommended policy to be signed up for emails without any request and to not have a better opt-out policy. I will still link to them in the future, they catch things I miss, but will try to attach a warning.

In another recent emails from Heather Corinna, of Pure as the Driven Slush blog, she writes " I don't have permalinks because none of my entries remain permanently public, as they are part of the membership area of my site when archived, generally within 3-6 months.

So, it may not seem "smart" but it's how I pay my rent, love. Thanks for the mention."

Well, this came about because I didn't explore the rest of her site immediately. She is a great erotic photographer as well as a blogger and much of it is membership required. Heather is more articulate and interesting so it seems more like a good blog than a typical pay site diary like is on Amandacam.

So, I do recommend TruthOut but beware of their newsletter policy and also check out smart female erotic photographers like Heather Corinna.

No comments: