Wednesday, February 19, 2003

Quotes

I saw this on Tara Sue: Abstain for Peace -- duct tape.

Peace on earth is possible. Ladies, We must stop raising assholes, or at least stop having sex with them.

And I decided I should start putting some quotes I collect on this blog.

I always collect quotes and oddly, I put them in e-mail drafts.

I have lost more quotes that way, I mean hundreds alone in my great e-mail disaster leaving Garts. Technically, I don't trust Windows enough to leave another huge Microsoft program like Word on all the time to jot down notes and, considering the troubles I am always having with it, I minimize my use of everything except e-mail and browser. There are some occasions I will open something else up but only briefly.

So this is a good opportunity to get rid of, er, I mean "post for posterity", recent quotes I liked.


"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you
want to test a man's character, give him power."
--Abraham Lincoln

The most important thing to remember is that the penis was specially designed by God to make your vagina feel good. Unfortunately, God did a shitty design job and he attached the penis to a man - so the chances of a penis making you feel good are infinitesimal.

"All of us have heard this term 'preventive war' since the earliest days of Hitler. I recall that is about the first time I heard it. In this day and time...I don't believe there is such a thing; and, frankly, I wouldn't even listen to anyone seriously that came in and talked about such a thing."
--President Dwight Eisenhower, 1953,
upon being presented with plans to wage
preventive war to disarm Stalin's Soviet Union

"Our position is that whatever grievances a nation may have, however objectionable it finds the status quo, aggressive warfare is an illegal means for settling those grievances or for altering those conditions."
--Supreme Court Justice Robert Jackson,
the American prosecutor at the Nuremberg trials,
in his opening statement to the tribunal

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.
Dwight David Eisenhower
April 16, 1953


See, that wasn't so bad.

No comments: