Friday, March 28, 2003

Interesting comment on just who is in charge from Elton Beard


A man who can tell the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff to ignore the (ostensible) Commander in Chief's direct request for information is a man in control. To him Bush is an inferior, whose order can be countermanded. Which means that Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, described by no less and expert than Henry Kissinger as "the most ruthless man I ever met", is the real President of the United States.

I also suspect Cheney. A man who Bush appoints to pick his Vice President and who then names himself and gets Bush to agree...

Check out the picture above too - "I'm from the U.S. Government, and I'm here to help you."

Compassionate Conservative my ass, that was a focus group test phrase that played well.


No comments: