Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Why I'm Still Voting For Edwards


Eli Dansky On Yahoo Opinion:
Whether the eventual nominee is Edwards, Clinton, or Obama, I will, in the end, vote for whoever it is. No matter how watered down the proposal, no matter how grim the prospect of ticket splitting across the country, anything close to Universal Health Care or true engagement with the catastrophic threat of global warming, or a true acknowledgment of the disaster of imperial adventure, will be a revolution.

But we do not have to settle for watered down. The candidacy of John Edwards offers the opportunity to take the Bush backlash and translate it into a mandate for more than just change. I want more than just change, I want progress, and I believe it's there to be had. That's why I'll be voting for Edwards on February 5th. It's not about race, gender, or symbolism. It's about ideas, ideals, and principle.
Tags: ,

No comments: