Sunday, January 20, 2008

Will Edwards still be around for Texas?


Edwards had been expected to be in for the long haul but his weak showing in Nevada is raising doubts about his continued campaigning. For a while it seemed that Edwards could take advantage of the 15% rule to stay in and see if his campaign would eventually catch fire or be the king maker at the convention. Nevada had Edwards down to less than 5% and getting no national convention delegates.
"I got my butt kicked. That is what happened in Nevada," Edwards said Sunday on CNN's "Late Edition with Wolf Blitzer. "And the job for me now is -- I have learned this from my whole life experience -- is when you get knocked down, you have got to get up. ...

"You know, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas?" he added. "I hope that turns out to be true in this case."
On to South Carolina and then Super Duper Tuesday and we will see where that leaves the race. It is several days past time for a shake-up in the Edwards campaign. Even his fans say that Edwards passion for issues supporting the working class just is not connecting with most voters.

No comments: