Thursday, June 05, 2008

Fired Up, Off to Austin


I am about ready to leave for the Texas Democratic State Convention. This should be the last victory of Obama over Hillary in the hunt for delegates after the Democratic primary war is over.

Word is that Sen. Hillary Clinton will speak in Washington on Saturday. Also late word that Sen. Obama will not be in Austin but instead Tim Kaine, Governor of Virginia and Obama National Campaign Co-chair will speak.

My official blogging credentials came through. I have been this morning cleaning software junk off of a notebook PC I never use to try to get it ready for work. See who else is blogging.

I see my brother Jim has taking to replying to Nigerian spammers with even weirder responses:
I would be happy to provide you information however as I am an eccentric I have no phone except for the special one that allows me to talk with God and as he sends me faxes via telepathy I also have no fax. My full name is James Lord High Protecter of the Realm and Prostate Manipulator III. I am one hundred and seventeen earth years but look marvelous for my age. I originated in the country of Nita's womb where I grew until being cast out into a cruel harsh world full of masked agents who slapped me upon making my aquantence. I reside in a palatial estate call West University Place. It is obviously west of a university and it is a wonderful place. Please forward me a cashiers check for $100 US dollars to verify your bonafide nature....
Sincerely
JaJa
My first order of business in Austin is checking in to my hotel and arriving early to the Great Blogger Bash. The blogger bash now has free drinks until the money runs out.

Friday I will attend the Progressive Populist Caucus, the Democratic wing of the Texas Democratic Party.

Let's see what else is going on as I close down here in La Porte. The GOP is fearing the Internet hordes donating money to Obama. No financial good news for the old former maverick. Didn't McCain look sick in his speech Tuesday? They are so out of money and ideas they are just copying Obama graphics and slogans.

Something to ponder - possible Obama VP picks.

Sen. Evan Bayh (IN)
Sen. Joe Biden (DE)
Sen. Jeff Bingaman (NM)
Sen. Barbara Boxer (CA)
Sen. Sherrod Brown (OH)
Sen. Hillary Clinton (NY)
Former Sen. Tom Daschle (SD)
Sen. Chris Dodd (CT)
Former Sen. John Edwards (NC)
Sen. Russ Feingold (WI)
Sen. Chuck Hagel (NE)
Former Sen. Gary Hart (CO)
Sen. John Kerry (MA)
Sen. Amy Klobuchar (MN)
Sen. Blanche Lincoln (AR)
Sen. Claire McCaskill (MO)
Former Sen. George Mitchell (ME)
Sen. Patty Murray (WA)
Former Sen. Sam Nunn (GA)
Sen. Mark Pryor (AR)
Sen. Jay Rockefeller (WV)
Sen. Ken Salazar (CO)
Sen. Jon Tester (MT)
Sen. Jim Webb (VA)
Sen. Ron Wyden (OR)
Gov. Mike Beebe (AR)
Gov. Phil Bredesen (TN)
Gov. Chet Culver (IA)
Former Gov. Howard Dean (VT)
Gov. Mike Easley (NC)
Gov. Brad Henry (OK)
Gov. Tim Kaine (VA)
Former Gov. John Kitzhaber (OR)
Gov. Ted Kulongoski (OR)
Gov. Joe Manchin (WV)
Gov. Janet Napolitano (AZ)
Gov. Martin O'Malley (MD)
Gov. Ed Rendell (PA)
Gov. Bill Richardson (NM)
Gov. Bill Ritter (CO)
Gov. Brian Schweitzer (MT)
Gov. Kathleen Sebelius (KS)
Gov. Ted Strickland (OH)
Former Gov. Mark Warner (VA)
Mayor Michael Bloomberg (NY, NY)
Tom Brokaw
General Wes Clark (AR)
Vice President Al Gore
Rep. Patrick Murphy (PA)
Former Mayor Federico Pena (Denver, CO)
from Blue Oregon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck at the convention.