Thursday, May 18, 2006

9/11 Conspiracy Theories


Everything happens as a result of small organized groups. Later the winners write the history.

Flash - Pentagon Strike - was it a 757? All the evidence it was a 757.

The two recently released videos of American Flight 77 striking the Pentagon. Popular Mechanics debunked most of the 9/11 conspiracy myths including the collapse of the third tower hours afterwards.

The WTC 7 fall is still the most unexplained part of 9/11. Here are videos of that collapse. Some people argue that WTC 7 was demolished by a controlled explosion which is what some people meant when they decided to "pull it." It could also mean they knew it was going to collapse and pulled the men. The argument that WTC 7 was not destroyed by controlled explosions involves a long raging fire, more damage than immediately apparent and odd features of its design. The puffs that look like controlled explosions are floors pancaking.

Judith Miller - I was told in advance the summer of 2001 that Al Qaida would have a huge attack on the US.

Wikipedia - 9/11 conspiracy theories.

Do not attribute to malice and conspiracy what can also be explained by incompetence.


3 comments:

Jaye Ramsey Sutter said...

It really wasn't a conspiracy. The older I am and the more I read, I know that it is really incompetence.

The government elements that didn't want to release the tape of the plane hitting the Pentagon fuel these conspiracy theories. I am glad they released it, but it really isn't a good tape, is it? Might there be others?

Miller's observations are interesting. Is she striking back at Libby, et. al?
Probably not. She isn't that smart to insist that the Times go with something really good and bold. Coverage of the Pentagon Papers and Watergate were considered quite edgy and radical. Gee--they were just the truth.

Anonymous said...

gosh, what the hell is your point? this website is quite.....uh....sucky.

Gary said...

I debate having anonymous comments because I get these criticisms that usually aren't useful or informative. (I have left myself the ability to delete a comment if it is particularly annoying.) In this case part of the criticism has a point and I'll address it.

This post was going to be some links to conspiracy theories and videos about 9/11. The problem is I always look at opposing points of view, I recommend this practice to conservatives but they just get all bothered and confused. In this case, for me, the evidence for conspiracies on 9/11 is more incomplete and less convincing then the opposing links. Some questions remain for me about the fall of the third tower. Some questions also trouble me about the crash in Pennsylvania I didn't get into. In the end I left what conclusion to draw from the links I pointed to about 9/11 up to the reader. Some people don't like the freedom to draw their own conclusions.

9/11 was an immense world-changing security disaster. The recent Judith Miller admission gives evidence to both sides I presented on this debate - that the administration was either incompetent or had some involvement in 9/11. The third position on this debate about 9/11, Bush/Cheney as a competent administration that was unable to prevent it due to that dastardly Clinton administration, was not worth mentioning in this short post.

The objective of this post changed after it was started. With the change I should have posed direct questions to the reader. Do you believe this administration was incompetent? Do you believe in some 9/11 conspiracy theories?

I agree with texas jaye - interesting comments from Miller. Her comments reinforce my view that she is not that good a reporter but simply had connections to high ranking Republicans who fed her stories.