Thursday, November 17, 2005

Cong. Murtha, top Democratic hawk in House, says Iraq has failed and it's time to leave


AMERICAblog: Because a great nation deserves the truth:
I said over a year ago, and now the military and the Administration agrees, Iraq can not be won "militarily." I said two years ago, the key to progress in Iraq is to Iraqitize, Internationalize and Energize. I believe the same today. But I have concluded that the presence of U.S. troops in Iraq is impeding this progress.

The top Democrat on the House Appropriations defense subcommittee, Murtha [a Marine intelligence officer in Vietnam] has earned bipartisan respect for his grasp of military issues over three decades in Congress. He planned to introduce a resolution Thursday that, if passed by both the House and the Senate, would force the president to withdraw U.S. troops.


This sounds like my plan - declare victory and turn it over to the new Iraqi government.



No comments: