Thursday, February 22, 2007

Of bloggers and bigots and media idiots


While I am glad the left blogosphere has regained two fine female voices I am still peeved about how that played out.

This was a victory for an anti-Semitic homophobe and a bitch who supports concentration camps.

I can call Bible-thumpers ignorant superstitious misogynists who don't know history and confuse myths with truth and I would be supported by all the founding fathers. Washington and Adams even pushed a treaty through Congress that declared "the government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion." This was published in the major papers of the day with no public dissent. Adams made a specific point of stating "I do hereby enjoin and require all persons bearing office civil or military within the United States, and all other citizens or inhabitants thereof, faithfully to observe and fulfill the said Treaty and every clause and article thereof." If anyone has the vapors over historical facts they can kiss my big red, white, blue and green ass.

A faulty tract that disagrees with my assessment is here. The writer with little real American historical knowledge even falsely states that religion was "left to the states."

I am also annoyed that about a year before the first primary the media has declared two front runners in each party the real choices.

I am not peeved about income taxes, yet. So far I have done my father and stepmother's return and while I think that the medical expense deduction threshold of 7.5% of income is too high and am annoyed that the charitable contributions is only part of itemized deductions and not a separate non-itemized item and also object to not being able to deduct for a $6,000 fraud because of their tax situation, overall it didn't really get me ticked off. Maybe the three more returns I do soon will raise my annoyance threshold.

So, what are you peeved about?


No comments: