Thursday, September 13, 2007

Pasadena resident announces HR 144 candidacy


Nice front page Pasadena Citizen write-up for Bob Sonnier. The primary is next year and the election is the following November.
The candidate says that he decided to run because of a desire to support the area.

"I've had a lot of people help me out over the years, and I feel like I'm in a position where I can serve my community," he said.

Among the top things Sonnier wishes to have changed is Texas healthcare.

"Health insurance is my main concern," he said. "The fact that almost one in four Texans do not have health insurance is bothersome to me, and I think it's a major issue our state needs to look at. In a perfect world, we'd like to get something that the state provided for everyone in Texas, basically a health insurance plan that would cover anyone in the state of Texas. The first step is getting people informed and letting them know that there is a problem. By getting everyone informed, we'd be able to work together towards a situation of getting everyone covered."
We also have a Texas constitutional amendment election this November. I will likely be the alternate judge at the San Jacinto College library. Check here for election locations. The only thing on on our ballots appears to be the amendments you can read about here until I study them and have some opinions. Meanwhile, you can volunteer to be a low-paid people's worker for democracy here. A lot more interesting than being a poll watcher.

No comments: